Pages

Monday, March 11, 2019

Welcome Back!

Wow, I can not believe it has been so long since I posted on here.

Let me first talk about what I have been up to.
Over the past 3 or so years, I have been focusing on writing my dissertation at U Mass Lowell. This process has been extremely time-consuming. Not only has it entailed long nights, but very early mornings and many hours in safe writing spaces, ie: Starbucks, libraries and other distraction-free zones. Now, as I am starting to transition out of that process into the real world again, I find myself wanting to explore writing and education with renewed vigor.
I have also accepted a tenure track position at Salem State University as the Coordinator of Music Technology. This has also been time-consuming but very rewarding as I am working with some amazing students and some amazing colleagues.

New Direction
As I have been thinking a lot about how to get the message of music technology out to a greater audience, I found myself exploring Twitter, Instagram and ultimately, coming back to this blog. When I started this in 2007, I had an idea of this blog being a reposting hotspot for industry news. Now, as I see it 12 years later, this blog should be about a personal journey of growth and education. I am TheAudioPod and it is me, and all of you. We learn things, we grow and we evolve as time goes on.
This is where I want to take this blog. I want to use this platform for inspiration and to help you all create music and art in a way that is unique and appropriate for your message.

Updates
Well as you can see, the updates make this blog a bit more hip (well maybe not). New Logo, new color scheme and a more mature voice (hopefully). I am excited to take this journey with you into creativity and look forward to interacting with you on a deeper experimental level.

In the meantime, visit myYouTube and check out some of the things I have been doing over the past 2-4 years. Hopefully, you can gain some insight and be inspired to create!

See you soon

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment